Tuesday 25 August 2009

the boys of summer


London finally got some nice weather over the weekend so I read some of my latest acquisitions whilst sitting in the blazing sun.

It seems like Maxwell Caulfield had the same idea whilst on the set of Grease 2!
I really enjoy that film and all the teen magazines were full of pinups and fold out posters showing off those eyes, that mouth and the body! Plus articles glossing over Maxwell's Soho club go go dancer boy past.
Be sure to visit Amy's Grease 2 site!

This cover is pure beefcake, I was tempted to bid on it for novelty value but then the price zoomed up to over $30 so that was out of my price range!

I expect it probably had photos like these, poor Scott Baio looking all sad and lonely and half-naked, omg this reminds me of those Zac Efron pap photos when he was running in the Hollywood hills!
Here is Glenn Scarpelli in very short shorts lounging on his bed.

Wait, what could be worse than those shorts?
How about a crop top!

Your eyes do not deceive you!

Talking of eyes, it took a lot of eyescrubbing to try and rid them of this image.
Mmm John Travolta's gusset.


To end on a gusset note, here's a Coppertone advert that always disturbed me a little, why is she so deliriously happy that men are looking and laughing at her ladygarden?

4 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! Max's arrrmmmsss ♥

    But GOD crop-tops and gussets, lawdy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha LOVE it! The crop top is just way too ridiculous!

    I can't see Maxwell as anyone but Sexy Rexy, blah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "call me on your cellphone with that 'je ne sais quoi', say you need a little of my hoo-la-la".. that maxwell has had one hell of a career ;) great post, katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Maxwell, Grease 2 is such a good film because it's so bad
    x

    ReplyDelete